Paris 2012 Edition
US in Progress Paris will take place during the first edition of the Champs Elysées Film Festival in Paris, on June 7-10 2012.
The programme will present 4 US indie films in post-production to European buyers in order to achieve completion and to foster the circulation and distribution of American indie films in Europe. The event will take form of two days of intense exclusive screenings (behind closed doors, for registered guests only) and one-to-one meetings.
We are excited to announce our selection for the second edition of US in Progress :
US In Progress Paris 2012 Booklet
- A Teacher by Hannah Fidell, produced by Kim Sherman (Sun don’t shine, You’re Next, A Horrible Way to die / Sundance Creative Producer Fellow 2011) – WINNER OF THE US IN PROGRESS PARIS AWARD!
- I am I by Jocelyn Towne, produced by Cora Olson & Jen Dubin (The Perfect Family, Babysitters, Good Dick) – SPECIAL MENTION!
- House of Last Things by Michael Bartlett, produced by Rene Berndt, withLindsey Haun (“True Blood”), and RJ Mitte (“Breaking Bad”)
- Desert Cathedral by Travis Gutiérrez Senger, produced by Michael J. Mouncer & Chip Hourihan (Frozen River, White Lines and The Fever: The Death of DJ Junebug)
US IN PROGRESS OFFERS :
- Travel and accommodation: ﬂight from the US and 3 nights in Paris for the producers and directors of the films selected.
- Networking: a chance to present your project in person at exclusive screening (behind closed doors, for registered industry guests only) to ca. 30 key European buyers
- Direct business opportunities: one-to-one meetings to discuss your needs and strike post-production and distribution deals
- Awards: free services from our sponsors : digital postproduction package by COMMUNE IMAGE & EAUX VIVES, subtitling and DCP by TITRA FILM, Acquisition by the TV Channel CINE+, promotion via Europa Distribution and Touscoprod, Producers Network 2013 invitation…
- Plus pleasures: parties and screenings and further networking at the first Paris Film Festival